1. Camouflage helps marine mammals
2. Why is the Green Sea Turtle's
3. Myrtle the Turtle is helping
scientists understand how turtles hear.
4. What is breaching?
5. Where do sea turtles lay
6. Marine mammals are only found
in the Arctic.
7. What is baleen?
8. Blubber keeps marine mammals
warm and buoyant.
1. False. Camouflage helps marine mammals blend with their environment and hide from predators.
2. Because of the algae and grass they eat.
4. A whale feeding behavior. It helps them drain water out of the back of the mouth, leaving only the fish to swallow.
5. Answer: On a nesting or natal beach.
6. True. Marine mammals are found around the world!
7. Large stiff plates that grow down from the gums of a whale's upper jaw.