Arlington, VA -- The Office of Naval Research is sponsoring the 3rd Annual Naval-Industry Research and Development Partnership Conference in Washington, DC, August 13-14, 2002. Dedicated to industry's role in transforming the Navy and Marine Corps to meet the challenges of the new century, these meetings build on the success of the first two annual conferences. Navy and Marine Corps laboratories and science managers have established close working relationships with their counterparts in industry. Some of the most successful (and enduring) high technology companies of the American economy emerged from these partnerships. The conference will identify new opportunities for collaboration so the national defense and the national economy can take full advantage of the distinctively American advantage-technological innovation.
Among the speakers will be Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Vern Clark, who will outline the vision of Seapower 21 for naval and industrial leaders. Admiral Clark and the other government, industrial, and academic leaders in attendance will also discuss:
- Emerging Technologies and Business Strategies for the Leaders of Tomorrow.
- Naval Research Industrial Outreach.
- Reducing the Time to Technology Insertion
- Transitioning Technology to the Warfighter for Naval Aviation
- Transitioning Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Technologies to the Fleet
- Technology for Expeditionary Forces
- Naval Science and Technology Investment Strategy
- Matching Emergent Technologies with Current Fleet Needs
- Technology Insertion in a Crisis Situation
- Defense Transformation
- Transformational Technologies and Capabilities
- Transitioning Technology to the Shipbuilding Sector