Arlington, Va.— The 2005 Naval-Industry R&D Partnership Conference will take place July 26-29 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. The theme, "Enabling Naval Innovations to Win the Global War on Terrorism," will promote the Navy/Marine Corps objective to rapidly develop and implement innovative solutions to the unique challenges of this war.
The conference will highlight areas of significant challenge that naval forces face as the nature of warfighting evolves, as well as how the strategy for meeting those challenges has changed. Sessions will focus on accelerating the identification, development, and deployment of technologies to support the operational demands of our naval forces, so that attendees can learn how to bring their solutions to the Department of the Navy. Breakout and plenary sessions will allow attendees to learn about funding and research priorities directly from ONR, Marine Corps, and Program Executive Offices program managers. Successful technology transitions to the fleet will be shared and emerging challenges will be discussed.
A Marketplace has been incorporated as a key feature of the conference, intended to promote and highlight participant interaction. It will provide two types of scheduled one-on-one interactions: prime contractors with small businesses and government with industry.
The final day of the conference will showcase ONR’s Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) New Starts and Business Opportunities for FY06 and beyond. A comprehensive overview of the FNC program will kick off the day and provide key insights into the process and structure of the FNC program as well as an understanding of the role of the Naval 3-star Technology Oversight Group (TOG), which provides oversight, integration, and investment balance functions for the program.
- Dr. John Marburger, Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Science Advisor to the President
- Vice Admiral John G. Morgan Jr., Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information, Plans, and Strategy
- General William L. Nyland, USMC, (Invited) Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Rear Admiral Anthony W. Lengerich, Vice Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command
- Major General Jon A. Gallinetti, USMC, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Commander Joint Warfighting Center, Director Joint Training, J-7
- Dr. John J. Hamre, President and CEO of the Center for Strategic International Studies
- Mr. Evan I. Schwartz, Chief Storyteller at Walker Digital Laboratories, author of JUICE: The Creative Fuel That Drives World Class Inventors
- Mr. Etan J. Ayalon, Managing Director, GlobalTech Research, LLC
To learn more about the conference and register to attend, visit www.onr.navy.mil and type in the keyword "RD"