Mitigation Technology Investment Area
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) Mitigation Technology Investment Area optimizes individual warfighter survivability through investments in novel armor materials, modular design, modeling and simulation, and surrogates in order to achieve light-weight, mobility-enabled and tailorable protection for evolving threats and mission scenarios.
Mitigation technologies include:
- Light-weight ceramic, composite and fiber materials
- Advanced performance modeling and simulation
- Improved bio-fidelic surrogates
- Modular and tailorable protection
- Improved blast mitigation for combat helmets