Solid and Liquid Waste Treatment Program
The Office of Naval Research Solid and Liquid Waste Treatment program seeks to enhance the science and technology base in order to assist the development of sensors, materials, methods and, ultimately, systems for the treatment or destruction of solid and liquid wastes both on board ships and at shore-side support activities. Areas of interest include:
- Novel approaches to on-board treatment of both oily and non-oily wastewaters to meet discharge standards
- Reliable sensor and control systems to automate shipboard waste treatment and reduce the manpower burden
- Novel approaches to reduce the threat of the transport of non-indigenous species in ballast operations
- Alternative approaches to treat or remediate solid and hazardous wastes.
- Clean execution of naval and maritime operations
Program Contact Information