Corrosion Control Science & Technology Program
The objective of this Office of Naval Research program is to develop corrosion-resistant alloys and coatings, corrosion control and prevention technologies, and processes to mitigate corrosion and its effects under sea water and marine environment.
The primary focus is to explore science-based understanding of corrosion damage evolution mechanisms, corrosion-informed materials concepts, and surface protection and modification sciences.
Specific areas of interest include:
- Fundamental understanding of corrosion mechanisms and processes
- Multi-scale corrosion phenomena models to predict corrosion behavior that enable corrosion-informed materials selection and design
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Environmentally-benign advanced marine coatings
- Surface modification technologies
Program Contact Information