Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
The Office of Naval Research's educational activities include Department of Navy (DoN) participation in science fairs and summer research internships/fellowships at naval laboratories.
- Department of Defense (DoD) National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow Program (NDSEG): The NDSEG Fellowship Program is a joint program of the United States Army, Navy and Air Force within the University Research Initiative (URI), designed to increase the number of U.S. citizens trained in science and engineering disciplines important to defense goals. NDSEG details
- Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Internship Program: A 6- to 8-week research experience during which students work side-by-side with assigned mentors to explore topics related to naval aviation. NAVAIR Internship Program details
- Naval Research Enterprise Intern Program (NREIP): This 10-week intern program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research, under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor, at a participating naval laboratory. NREIP details
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) HBCU/MI Internship Program: This 10-week intern program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate students at HBCU/MIs to participate in research, under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor, at NRL. NRL HBCU/MI Internship Program details
- Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART): The SMART Scholarship for Service Program has been established by DoD to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines. SMART details