Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Internship Program
The application deadline is Thursday, February 15.
NAVAIR is pleased to announce the HBCU/MI summer internship program. Students are able to apply for summer internships at the following NAVAIR sites: China Lake, CA; Lakehurst, NJ; Patuxent River, MD; Cherry Point, NC or Orlando, FL. Internships are available for both undergraduate students currently pursuing a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) field.
TO APPLY, send your resume and transcripts to PAXStudent@navy.mil. Send your resume, transcript (unofficial is okay), and proof of enrollment. Include your academic major and HBCU/MI in the subject line. It is your responsibility to verify that all the information in your application is legible and accurate. Incomplete and/or illegible documents may affect your consideration for an internship. Missing documents will not be requested. Because of the volume of applications received, you will not receive a notice of receipt. You will receive notification if you are selected.
In order to qualify for these positions, you must meet the eligibility requirements and your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience. Applicants must include an unofficial copy of their transcripts.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must be 18 years old or older
- You must be suitable for Federal employment as determined by a background investigation
- You must obtain and maintain a security clearance
- You must be accepted for enrolment OR enrolled in school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Selectees are required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit pay program
- Your school must be an accredited or pre-accredited institution
- You must be currently working towards a bachelor’s in one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Operations Research
- OR enrolled in an associate’s degree in one of the above courses of study at a school that has a matriculation agreement with an accredited institution that offers a bachelor’s degree