Atomic, Molecular and Quantum Physics
This program supports basic atomic, molecular and quantum (AMQ) physics research to advance navigation, timekeeping, and sensing technology, particularly in the maritime environment.
The AMQ Program also sponsors small business innovative research (SBIR) and small business technology transfer (STTR) topics that develop enabling technologies for advanced quantum research, for example, compact or chip-based atom traps and multifunctional lasers.
Research Concentration Areas
- Cooling and trapping of atoms and ions
- Bose-Einstein condensation and related quantum matter
- Optical frequency standards
- Entanglement-enhanced time and frequency metrology
- Quantum optomechanics
- Coherent control of quantum systems
Research Challenges and Opportunities
- Coherent control of atomic, molecular, and solid-state quantum systems
- Innovative protocols for the preparation and readout of quantum states for improved measurements of time, inertia and electromagnetic fields
- Quantum control and integration of optomechanical systems
Type of Funding Available
Program Contact Information
Submit white papers, QUAD charts and full proposals for contracts to this email address: ONR Code 31 Research Submissions
Follow instructions within BAA for submission of grant proposals to grants.gov website.