Accepting solution requests from all Sailors, Marines, and Science Advisors - we want to hear from you!
TechSolutions links warfighters to the government science and technology community to help develop needed technologies as quickly as possible. Our goal is to have a solution prototype in the hands of the requesting Sailor or Marine within 12 months. TechSolutions wants requests from anyone in the Fleet/Force. We work closely with the submitter and subject-matter experts to ensure that the problem is clear and the required solution capabilities are well-defined. We then turn to the register for an account and submit requests. Once a prototype is developed, TechSolutions works with transition sponsors, submitters and their Command to identify paths for continued support and development, or procurement, e.g. via an existing program of record, GSA catalogue listing, TYCOM supply, etc.network of labs/warfare centers/ 's for potential solutions. The submitter can be involved throughout the process starting with recommending the best solution for funding. As available, the submitter guides the development team and participates in the prototype demonstration and assessment. Sailors and Marines are encouraged to
What Is It?
- TechSolutions is an Office of Naval Research (ONR) Global rapid-response technology development program that produces prototype solutions to problems identified by Sailors and Marines.
- TechSolutions needs suggestions and engagement from warfighters of all ranks/rates/MOS' on ways to improve mission effectiveness.
How Does It Work?
- Technology requests are submitted from any and all Sailors, Marines and Science Advisors.
- Every submission will be answered, even if it does not result in a project.
- Government labs are funded by TechSolutions to develop solution prototypes.
What Will It Accomplish?
- TechSolutions pays the NR&DE to develop a solution to the problem submitted by a warfighter. The prototype is demonstrated in an operationally relevant environment, in coordination with the submitter, for assessment, transition planning, and continued use.