Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program
The online application period opens every summer (specific dates may be found at http://nreip.asee.org).
This 10-week internship program is designed to provide opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research under the guidance of an appropriate research mentor at a participating Navy laboratory.
- U.S. citizen (Permanent resident alien status considered at some labs)
- Sophomore, junior, senior or graduate students
- Enrolled at a participating university (a list may be found at http://nreip.asee.org)
- All majors relevant to the research interests of the laboratories (lab descriptions may be found at http://nreip.asee.org)
Stipends will be paid bi-weekly, May through August. The amounts specified represent the total stipend allowance for the 10-week period as follows:
- $5,400 for new undergraduate student participants (students should possess a minimum of 31 credits by the end of Spring 2018)
- $8,100 for returning undergraduate students (students must have completed a full 10 week program in a prior year to receive this level)
- $10,800 for graduate students (students must currently be in graduate school and taking graduate school courses to receive this level)
NREIP interns will be selected based upon academic achievement, personal statements, recommendation, and career and research interests.
ONR Program Manager: Dr. Michelle Skoorka
Point of contact: Dr. Sophoria Westmoreland
For more information please visit http://nreip.asee.org