Newsletters and Reports
The Office of Naval Research has published newsletters and reports across a range of topics. See below:
Naval STEM Newsletter
The Naval STEM newsletter shares stories from across the Naval STEM community and highlights how the community is building a diverse, innovative, world-class workforce. This workforce will maintain the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps' technological, educational, inspirational and maritime superiority.
Download a special edition of the newsletter, the 2018 "A Guide to Education & Workforce Naval STEM." Also available for download is the new Spring 2018 edition of The Naval Edge—Today's STEM: Accelerate Your Future.
Email naval_STEM@navy.mil to subscribe.
See past issues:
- Winter 2018
- A Guide to Naval STEM (2017)
- Spring 2016 (Vol. 4, Issue 2)
- Winter 2016 (Vol. 4, Issue 1)
- Spring 2015 (Vol. 3, Issue 1)
- Winter 2015 (Vol. 3, Issue 1)
- Fall 2014 (Vol. 2, Issue 3)
- Summer 2014 (Vol. 2, Issue 2)
- Spring 2014 (Vol. 2, Issue 1)
- Fall 2013 (Vol. 1, Issue 4)
- Summer 2013 (Vol. 1, issue 3)
- Spring 2013 (Vol. 1, Issue 2)
- Winter 2013 (Vol. 1, Issue 1)
Innovation Newsletter Archive
The Innovation Newsletter, published through February 2014, has covered a variety of topics, with articles written by scientists, engineers, warfighters, academics and program officers sharing insights about their research.
- Mysteries of Artificial Intelligence (Winter 2014, Vol. 11)
- Breakthrough Technologies (Spring 2013, Vol. 10)
- Warfighting in a Highly Contested Electromagnetic Environment (Fall 2012, Vol.9)
- Enabling the Great Green Fleet (Spring 2012, Vol. 8)
- Science and Technology in Rapid Crisis Response (Sept. 2011, Vol. 7)
- Ship of the Future (Nov. 2010, Vol. 6)
- Open Innovation (June 2010, Vol. 5)
- Global Technology Awareness (March 2010, Vol. 4)
- Autonomy Edition (Nov. 2009, Vol. 3)
- June 2009, Vol. 2
- March 2009, Vol. 1
Reports published by the Naval Research Advisory Committee can be found on the NRAC website. ONR currently makes its Autonomous Systems Innovation Summit Final Report – 2008 available online.