Naval Future Force Science & Technology EXPO
The Naval Future Force Science & Technology (S&T) EXPO was the Office of Naval Research’s premiere event of 2015.
The EXPO opened access to naval leadership and technology principals who discussed the revised Naval S&T Strategy, provided updates on the status of key programs, and shared new research opportunities. Over the course of the event, participants engaged in two-way dialogue on science and technology requirements, challenges and opportunities across nine S&T focus areas, including:
- Assure Access to Maritime Battlespace
- Autonomy and Unmanned Systems
- Information Dominance - Cyber
- Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare
- Expeditionary and Irregular Warfare
- Platform Design and Survivability
- Power and Energy
- Power Projection and Integrated Defense
- Warfighter Performance
In addition to "hard" technology, speakers discussed the keys to succeeding in business with ONR as well as small business opportunities, international collaboration, and workforce development across the science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines.