ONR Global - Experimentation and Analysis
Office of Naval Research Global (ONRG) Experimentation and Analysis (E&A) builds and maintains relationships between Naval operational forces and the Naval Research Enterprise (NRE) to facilitate, fund, and execute experimentation and efforts. Through collaboration/cooperation with ONRG Science Advisors, Science Directors, and international partners, who facilitate lines of communications across all stakeholders, E&A activities accelerate emerging technologies and concepts outside baseline funded activities. As discrete operational priorities are identified, E&A establishes and executes NRE experimentation campaigns to inform future science and technology across the Naval Research and Development Establishment (NR&DE).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, sponsor and manage an annual portfolio of E&A efforts to address emerging and unmet operational needs
- Maintain awareness of E&A opportunities for the NRE
- Maintain awareness of all NRE experimentation
- Facilitate and promote NRE experimentation in alignment with strategic goals set by the Chief of Naval Operations and the Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Influence and guide NR&DE experimentation to support the NRE
- Pre/early program analysis with Fleet and Force input to establish concept’s potential and inform NRE investment decisions (Innovative Naval Prototype, tech candidate, Future Naval Capability, etc.).
- Examples include: Technology Innovation Gamers, studies, wargames, ops research
- Established project experimentation as an excursion to address additional/unrelated warfighter needs or mitigate capability delivery risk.
- Examples include: Individual/capability focused discrete events, integrated service level experimentation and technology operational experimentation events
For More Information
ONR Global E&A Contact Info: 703-696-0686, email@example.com
More details can be found on the ONR Global E&A NRE wiki page*: https://wiki.nre.navy.mil/display/EandA
* Please note: Access to the E&A wiki page on the NRE Fusion site requires a valid CAC and a Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) connection.