Manpower, Personnel and Training Information Sciences (MPT-IS)
The Manpower, Personnel and Training Information Sciences funds basic research in data mining and machine learning to optimize opportunities for the warfighter within the Manpower, Personnel, Training, and Education naval enterprise. The program examines various learning modalities including mobile devices, virtual classrooms and augmented realities. The program relies on a cohesive partnership with stakeholders ranging from OPNAV N1, Naval Education and Training Command and Naval Air Warfare Center - Training Systems Division.
Research Concentration Areas
- Personnel Selection and Classification
- Manpower Requirements Modeling
- Adaptive Training Management
Research Challenges and Opportunities
- Research to understand the relationship between general cognitive ability, crystallized and fluid intelligence, and naval job performance
- Research investigating how changes to plans, policies and practices lead to secondary effects on manpower requirements
- Directed research investigating new approaches for just-in-time training
- Modeling technology benefits of alternative education modalities
Program Contact Information
Submit white papers, QUAD charts and full proposals for contracts to this email address: ONR Code 34 Research Submissions
Follow instructions within BAA for submission of grant proposals to grants.gov website.