Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Internship Program
The application deadline is Friday, February 26.
NAVAIR is pleased to announce the HBCU/MI summer internship program. This 8-10 week internship program is for undergraduate and graduate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) students enrolled at an HBCU/MI and provides an opportunity for students to participate in research at a Department of the Navy laboratory during the summer. Students are able to apply for summer internships at the following participating sites:
- Naval Air Warfare Center- Aircraft Division (NAWCAD): Orlando, FL; Patuxent River, MD, and Lakehurst, NJ
- Naval Air Warfare Center- Weapons Division (NAWCWD): China Lake, CA; Point Mugu, CA
- Fleet Readiness Center (FRC): Jacksonville, FL; Cherry Point, NC; North Island, CA
Interested students can apply to the NAVAIR HBCU/MI Summer internship program through the following website: https://navair.recsolu.com/external/events/TkBkd4SmmQt4b6ct4n6KdA
All candidates are required to submit a copy of their resume and their current unofficial transcripts with this application.
In order to qualify for these internship positions, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and submitted resumes must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The resume is the key means for evaluating candidate’s skills, knowledge and abilities as they relate to internship positions. Therefore, NAVAIR encourages all candidates to be clear and specific when describing their experience. Applicants must also include a copy of their current unofficial transcripts.
Applicants for the NAVAIR HBCU/MI internship program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited four-year U.S. HBCU/MI college or university
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate STEM degree field
- Students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Students enrolled in a two-year HBCU/MI college may be considered
- U.S. Citizenship and a background check are required at most laboratories